Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jocky Shorts and Kangaroos

I had to leave dad at home today. That is home alone. The last time I did this he ended up locking himself in a car parked in the driveway. My daughter was the last person driving the car and didn't lock it up when she parked. He got in and locked the door and couldn't figure out how to get out. The Orkin man found him and went and called a neighbor.

Today I had to leave him home alone because we are switching daycare providers. He starts there tomorrow. He has been to the new place, its where to stayed when I had business meetings in Seattle. Whether he'll remember that doesn't really matter, it will all be forgotten before too long.

I got home from my daily calls at 1:15 this afternoon. He is in good shape. Actually he tells me things went great today. They sold a bunch of Kangaroos to the Disney company. I didn't ask how much they charged but I'm sure the answer would have been interesting. Bad news though my distribution guy (?) called, he's in the warehouse and doesn't have any pants. He wants me to bring him some pants because he only has on his Jockey shorts.

By the afternoon, we're being sued! By whom? None other than that young man of course. And who is "defending" the young man? Me of course. After all these years why now? Why would he sue now? Of course I shouldn't have to say but it's all a delusion. I think the old guy nods off and what ever squirms around in his cranium when he wakes is this next real life issue. Just a theory but I've seen it happen. Well, I don't see whats in his head but I've seen him wake up from sitting in the chair nap to some altered reality.

No comments: